https://brainupfl.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/picture-cilantro-lime-salmon-buddha-bowls-pinterest-still003.jpg 1102 735 Beverly Engel https://brainupfl.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/brainup-temp-logo-01-300x79.png Beverly Engel2018-03-14 10:25:562018-03-14 10:28:37Cilantro Lime Salmon Bowls
This simple salmon dish is heart healthy, brain healthy and a flavorful favorite. An all-in-one meal, the salmon is served in a bowl accompanied by nutritious and delicious sides. Preparation time is about 30 minutes.
- 3 red peppers, sliced into strips
- 2/3 c. olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 c. lime juice
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped cilantro, plus more for serving
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 4 salmon filets
- 4 c. cooked brown rice
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place bell peppers onto baking sheet and toss with 1 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and place in the oven to bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make cilantro lime marinade: combine olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, honey, and garlic and whisk to combine. Place salmon in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Pour half the marinade over filets. Toss until fully coated. Set aside remaining marinade.
- When peppers have baked for 10 minutes, remove from oven and place filets on top of peppers. Bake until peppers are tender and salmon is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Assemble bowls: divide rice into four bowls and top with salmon, peppers, avocado and a wedge of lime. Garnish with cilantro and serve with extra marinade on the side.